lördag 1 mars 2014

Queens 2014-02-17


Queens
Hello fellow readers! I’m sorry for not updating anything on the blog the couple of days. I haven’t really had anything to write about, I couldn’t go outside because it was a big storm that came in over the city. So I have just sitting by the pool and watched TV and son on. But now I’m going to start updating again

It’s my forth day here now .Today I’ve decided to walk around the city to get some exercise and discover more by foot, money is running short, so I hope that I won’t spend anything today except lunch. I have to wear my big fluffy jacket because it’s almost minus 10 degrees outside. I put on my boots and then I walked outside, the wind blew right in my face.

I decided to walk southeast because the Brooklyn bridge was that way. It’s was about 6 miles walk to the bridge, it would take me at least an hour to get there. I was hoping to see Queens, I’ve heard that many known celebrities are from Queens or Brooklyn. Famous people that I know of is Jeffrey Ross Hyman and John Williams Cummings, these two are known for participated in the famous band Ramones. I have never really liked their music, my dad is a crazy fan of their work.

A bit over an hour later I finally reached the bridge, because of the snow I barley could see what was in front of me. I looked over the bridge and I could see the Queens from my distance, from my point of view I think if you look at Queen you can see the older version of New York. Not all buildings are newly constructed, many of them are really old.

When I crossed the bridge I saw a small path that was right by the river, when I started to walk the path I could see the ice on the river started to break, along the road it was  lying a lot of trash, a bunch of dead rats in the bushes and extremely much pigeons in the trees. I think Queens bring New York another type of culture, here in the streets there is a lot more graffiti sprayed on the walls with beautiful art forms and quotes. Now the big city is so modern, I think this reminds people how New York use to look like.I keep on walking around to see even more, I also put the song ‘’ Boulevard of broken dreams’’ by Green day, It was the right time and place to play the song cause it fitted in the moment. It was just a special feeling when you were listened to it.

Well, it’s almost 6pm now and it’s starting to get dark, I’m going to get back to the hotel and eat something and maybe hang there the whole night, maybe I’ll swim in the pool a bit. Cya!



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar