lördag 1 mars 2014

The statue of liberty 2014-02-19


Hello fellow readers!

Today is my last day here in New York, to be honest it feels good to soon be back in Sweden, I’m starting to get homesick. Anyway, today it’s time to visit the statue of liberty, I did not have any plans to go visit it during my stay because I don’t really know anything about it. But I’ve been told by them in the reception that almost everyone that stay in New York on vacation go and see the statue. They also said that it representing the state, and you see it almost in every movie that plays out in New York.

I just have to shower and go down to eat breakfast so I have energy for the day, today the where serving pancakes, talk about a Swedish meal. When I walked downstairs I got a text from my mom, it said that she had put in another 100 dollars on my card, thanks mom is the least I can say. Now that I got money I can go and buy a bus ticket to get to the location, one day ticket cost only 10 dollars, that’s a lot cheaper than the taxi.

I just ate and now my tummy is full, it’s time to go and buy a ticket. The cashier said that I should go on the bus 53, it would take me right to the statue of liberty. 20 minutes later I was right outside the statue, the place was crowded with tourists, it was most mostly Asian tourists there. And I’m not saying this in a way to offend people, it was just what I saw. I walked in to the building and I saw a flyer that said tour guide for only 10 dollars, a one hour tour through the whole place and facts, that sounded good with me.

I had now paid for the tour and was waiting with another 10-15 people for the guide to come. Finally he came, he apologized to us for being late, it was an emergency he said. One of the tourist was very upset because he didn’t came on time, but he dropped it after a while. We started with getting some basic information about the liberty. The statue, designed by Frederic Augusta Bartholdi and dedicated on October 28, 1886, was a gift to the United States from the people of France. It was almost 300 feet high (almost 100 meters).

I didn’t really pay attention at the end because I saw a beautiful girl that I would rather focus on the tour guide, it kind of reminds of how I’m in school sometimes, I just floats away to another place. At the end we reached the top of the statue, from there you could see a clear sight of New York from the water. I looked down at the people on the ground, they reminded me of ants, I saw them from a bird perspective.

Now that the tour was over I though I’ve seen enough of the place, I bought a big candle that was formed as the statue, I think my mom would enjoy it very much. Well, I don’t know what I want to do now, I think I’ll take a break from blogging now. I might do one more today if I feel like it or else I’ll do one tomorrow when I’m leaving. Cya! 


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar