lördag 1 mars 2014

The book of Mormon 2014-02-18


Hello Fellow readers!

The time is now 5pm, and I just got a ticket to go see the musical ‘’ The book of Mormon’’. I did not think I was going to get a ticket but they had four left of almost a thousand. I was really lucky to get one, but for 140 dollars I hope to get my money well spent. I don’t have a lot of money left, during these last days here I have to be cheap or ask my mom to put money on my card. This is supposed to be one of the decades best musicals. It begins in three hours, I don’t really know what I’m going to too during this time, I’m going back to the hotel and going to start watching the breaking bad marathon.

Now it’s a little bit over an hour before it starts, I still don’t know if I want to wear tuxedo or ordinary clothes. This feels like a big night so I don’t want to look foolish.
I forgot to say that it’s a Broadway musical, so I have high expectation. I could not walk to there now because I will miss the opening scene then, so I have to take a cab over there. I got almost 60 dollars left out of 300 dollars. I did not bring very much money because I didn’t have any plans of buying unnecessary stuff, I just wanted to see things and have a bit of money for entry and food.

I saw a cab by the sidewalk, I quickly ran up to it and said ‘’ How much for time square?’’, he responded ‘’ for you, 15 dollars’’. I’ll say that is a pretty good deal. I got to the place and I stepped right in and the first thing that happened was that a guard stopped me and asked if I had a ticket. I showed him the ticket and he let me walk past him. A clock started to ring in ceiling, that mend that the show is about to start. When I showed my ticket to the employee he said that I looked very good in a suit, I felt a bit flattered in a way, not a gay way but it felt nice to get compliment when you tried to look good. Anyway, I’ll update again after the show. Cya!

I just walked out of the place, the musical was amazing! I would definitely recommend this to friend and family if the musical comes to Sweden. It’s a little over 10pm now, I think I’m going to walk back to the hotel and maybe just watch some television or swim a bit. I would like also to take another way back to the hotel so I could see the teardrop park. It was on the way back, so I might as well go through it.

When I came to the park I saw that it was a very big park, but it was barley any people in it. The weird thing was that one of the old ladies from a couple of days earlier was sitting on a bench there with a bunch of pigeons. I thought it was a bit strange that I ran into her again when you come to think about it that of all the people here you did not really expect that this one person you would reconcile and see again. I walked up to her and said that I’ve seen you before. I asked why she was sitting here all by herself and feeding the pigeons. She said to me that she has not anything to do because she is so lonely. Her husband had passed away two years ago, their kids lived in different states, so she usually did this cause she didn’t feel as lonely. When she told me that story I showed great empathy for her. After a short talk I gave her a hug and walked away.

I arrived at the hotel and I went straight to bed, I was now cold and tired. I will update again tomorrow because I’ve decided to go to the statue of liberty. It’s my last day tomorrow so I want to see that before I leave. Cya! 


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar